in brief
After an amazing weekend with Andrea over memorial day, the next evening I found myself walking down the streets of cute little Culver City to meet my high school friend Pat for drinks. He was in LA for an interview.... so of course I was convincing him to move to the west coast.
Two nights later Laura had VIP passes to watch the Pirates of the Caribbean 3 at the El Capitan Theatre along Hollywood Blvd. Talk about an amazing movie going experience.
Saturday morning I was up early in my car driving down Interstate 5, along the ocean coast, on my way to San Diego to see Gina and Jeremy. Nothing like seeing good friends in new cities. They were there to run the marathon and I was glad I was there to support them along the way... I knew from experience that mile 20 was a bitch and so there I stood for almost 2 hours, cheering none stop encouraging everyone along.
Headed home to meet up with Laura and Dan for an amazing meal at none other than Purans, finishing the evening all plopped on my bed learning the rules of blackjack.
An interesting time at work as we all patiently try to figure things out. Nothing like conversations about typefaces and photography to get a designer excited about what we do. and of course, I can never complain with breaks consisting of amazing dishes of food.
After a disappointing lunch of seeing some of the worst apartments Laura and I have seen yet, a rent sign went up just at the right time for us to take a look. One day later, we wrote the check and now have a new place to call ours.
Started to pack last night and we have a big truck reserved for Sunday, before you know it we'll be all moved in. Of course before then we'll be down in Venice for happy hour drinks with a friend of Laura's and oh, of course, the Disney DVD seen it match-off I have with Dan.
No comments:
Post a Comment