6.18.2007

moving on... in

As I quickly was throwing things in boxes as I prepared to move, I realized that this was the 13th time I'd be moving in the past 6 years. Seems pretty crazy, really. One year is the longest I've ever stayed in one place, and that was at the Lexington, just before I moved out to LA.

Moving is always a good time to sort through everything, pairing down as need be, reflecting on the time spent in the space. It was almost sad to see the things come down in my studio, it really was the perfect place... well perfect for the 6 months I was there... as it really was a bit too small.... but it was just what I needed for that time. As I finished cleaning out the place and saw it empty as it was when I first arrived, it was like finishing another chapter of my life.... really, my life as book could definitely be broken up into chapters according to the place I lived. 1124 N Gardner was a good chapter.

And right now I'm so excited about the new apartment I'll share with Laura. Seriously, I cannot imagine a more perfect place for us. It's so happy and everything we'd ever want right now. We haven't completely even finished settling in yet and I've never felt so at home at a place before.

Of course it's great to live with Laura, whose similar style pairs perfectly with mine. She's so great at making it all come together... she's already found the most amazing dining table and chairs, I was so glad to help her wire the ornate chandelier that sparkles with such de-light, and I'm anxious to see what she'll pull together for the corner with the bookshelf... and of course we are going to have a fun DIY project for the bedstands she's designed for us to make.

of course I'll post some pictures soon so you can see for yourself.

No comments: