7.10.2007

it's like a roller coaster

life that is.

or at least I think it should be. you maybe surprised that I'd say this because, well... I freak out on roller coasters. I don't know why, but I hate the feeling of being in a cart taking me down steep plunges and upsidedown loops. I know it's fear that developed when I was a little kid and I've never really gotten over it. I get all nervous and tense just waiting in line, worrying about what's to come.

I was just recently drug onto a rollercoaster ride at Disneyland... and yes I freaked out. In the end I survived, and will admit it was kind of fun too, mind you my eyes were closed and I was screaming the whole way. But I smile and laugh about it all now, so it was completely worth it.

Kendall Payne sings a song called Rollercoaster that describes this figurative definition of a roller coaster and how it relates to life. I find it to be so true.

I have to say for myself, there are times I freak out, whenever something new approaches the horizon, I'm a bit afraid. Then there's those moments of slowly climbing to a top peak, unsure of whether it's a big drop or a fast curve, so much anticipation building up... and then the times when I feel like I'm constantly spinning around the same circles.. to then hit a steep fall, with a brief moment to catch my breath. In the end I can look back and realize just how exciting it truely makes life.

Of course I will admit, I'm the type of person who particularly likes the leisurely rides that float down a river or more so, a farris wheel... even the carousel. But I'll say right now, I like the roller coaster ride of life, not knowing what's around the corner or the top of a hill. All of it going by so fast that there's really no time to even question it.... just going with the flow.

I will say though, I'm lucky to have people in my life to encourage me to jump on and most importantly, be there with me.... holding my hand through it all.

No comments: