amid the stars
what a wonderful feeling... to get all dressed up, sit amongst others in gowns, suits and tuxes... enjoy a fabulous meal and endless glasses of wine, dancing the night away to a live orchestra band that never missed a beat as the stage spun with a glowing dome of shimmering lights above. it truly was an event.
the awards show lasted 4.5 hours, so yes... a bit long, but there was some good commentary through it all and plenty to take in. Of course, I'm really not on top of who's who or have even seen many of the shows that were awarded, so I really couldn't list off many names to you all... but it was the creative arts Emmy awards that we attended, in which it was all of the behind the scene people who were being recognized. But regardless of names or the TV glamour, being all dressed up amidst the ambiance of it all, I felt like a star... and really, if you all would have seen Laura, I could confirm that she was glowing... Her long emerald green gown (a fabulous market find) was perfect, she looked fabulously famous.
so yeah, just the story to add to my Hollywood life. I do have to laugh at the fact that next week we'll be camping in the woods with the bears in Yosemite national park... so we'll hang up the dresses and pack the old t-shirt and blue jeans. Oh I just love the variety that California brings.
No comments:
Post a Comment