someone pinch me
yeah, I've come to wonder sometimes if I just need to be woken up.... as if the life I'm living is really all a dream.
this past weekend for example...
Friday I spent with Dan. We enjoyed the evening at the Getty Museum, which if you don't know or haven't been, it's really a creative's paradise, it's own fantasy land so beautifully design, "so smart" as I'd often describe it. Dusk is definitely the perfect time to go too, as you can see the sun set over the ocean, the light reflecting against the mountains, just as the city's skyline begins to lighten up.
Saturday was a trip with Laura and Fern (one of Laura's interior design clients) up to Big Bear Lake.... in which we were able to experience almost every type of weather imaginable on the drive up. It was so great to leave the city where the temp was over 100° and see a rain storm (one of the great things I miss about the midwest). It was a wonderful taste of fall and the views were most spectacular.... the lake as clear as glass, the reflection of the mountains covered with evergreens. Amazingly enough, Fern so happens to have a place up there that's the perfect little ski cabin if you could ever imagine one. All of this just a two hour drive out of the city... not bad, especially when the very next day I was enjoying the sun and the sound of the waves as I rollerbladed along the coast. gotta love California.
oh, and not to gloat... but this coming Saturday, Fern invited Laura and I to join her to the Creative Emmy Awards. Yes, the real thing, red carpet and all. We have a great reason to get all dolled up, wearing beautiful gowns, to sit in a booth amongst the TV stars. crazy I know.
ouch... did you just pinch me?
1 comment:
please please please post pics and stories about your red carpet experience!
Post a Comment