I love dates
... I'm talking about the kind you eat. There was a box of them in the kitchen galley at work as they were left over from the amazing warm pecan date tart that was just tested.
I decided it would make a good post title though because Laura just said the other day that she hates dates.... and I'll let you know she wasn't really referring to the kind you eat.
It made me think about how similar the different meanings to the word date really are. Dates look awkward, brown and mushy in appearance... a good visual representation of that awkward and uneasy feeling of a first date. Of course, after you get over the notion that it is a bit sticky, once you take a bite, you can realize that they are quite sweet, especially if you found a good one.... as there are a few varieties out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment