where's my motivation?
I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like I go in and out of slumps. I realize I haven't posted in awhile, and trust me, I've been meaning to, I have plenty of things to catch up on and thoughts to share, but I've been lacking the motivation to sit down and type away. I realize that I even have a few posts that I've started as drafts and haven't yet taken the time to finish. (they are good ones too... if I ever get around to them)
I guess it just goes in spurts. just like this last weekend, I figured it was about time we started making some of the changes we've been talking about in our apartment... and that we did! we painted the bathroom, spray-painted some hardware, moved things around, and finally took a big load (a tub full) of stuff to the thrift store. We are making progress and it just took a little motivations to kick start it all... and now we already have plans for what projects we'll tackle this weekend again.
I've even noticed these ups and downs with my work. A week or two ago I was completely pumped, stayed late and designed away, getting to completely re-type set the recipes with a new font. It was great! But recently, I just feel worn out, uninspired shall I say. Maybe it's a bit out of frustration due to office politics. who knows. maybe moving on to a new issue will help too. I'm done with thanksgiving, let Christmas begin already.
and while I'm on the topic of motivation. I'm trying to find that desire again to exercise and work out like I use too. I'm starting to get back into it, but I find myself just being more tired. how did I manage before? There were days I'd do two a days back in Des Moines. Of course Laura reminds me that I have a busier social life here, which is true, so I don't really want to complain, but I still hope I can find my motivation again.
1 comment:
I absolutely love the fact that re-typesetting recipes is the sort of task that excites you! (AIGA conference in denver? october!)
Post a Comment