2.19.2007

running bud

Gina was just out to visit this weekend for my birthday. Of course we went running together as we realized that there hasn't ever been a time when we've gotten together and not gone for a run. I remember there was times she would just drop by in Des Moines on her way back to Cedar Rapids and all we'd do is go for a run and catch up on life before she's head on her way.

Of course these runs together began back in High School when we ran track and now it's fun to think about all the years of great conversations we've had during our runs as we've been there for each other through a lot of life changes and choices.

In October I ran a marathon with Team and Training to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. It was something Gina and I always talked about doing together but unfortunately the timing didn't work out for the both of us, so I did it then and I'm glad that Gina now has the chance to do the same. She's currently training for the San Diego marathon in June and to make things better, her husband Jeremy is doing it with her. As her motto states, For Stacie, and so that others will survive. I know crossing that finish line will be oh so bittersweet for her. Please consider visiting her fundraising website and making a donation.

www.active.com/donate/tntne/tntneGStuken

No comments: