5.17.2007

intuition and reason

the apartment hunt continues. it’s been over a month now. and I will continue to repeat those three little words that I often forget.... patience, patience, patience ( I say it three times as some say it’s a proven fact that it’s easier to remember something after it’s been repeated three times)

on tuesday I actually felt as though we found the one. It was absolutely perfect in every way. The right size, cute character, good kitchen, big bedroom, closets, parking and a backyard. I was ready to put the deposit down then and there... but Laura couldn’t do it. She had this gut feeling. This stumped me. What could possible be wrong with it? I talked through it all and it made perfect sense, everything except her intuition.

After taking the night to think about it, I began to feel guilty for pushing for the place. Maybe I was just being selfish, ready to just know and make a place our own... and as much as I just wanted to convince Laura that her gut might just be wrong, I realized that I needed to respect her feelings. Being a rational person, it’s hard to understand such intuitions, but I knew there wasn’t much I could do to change it. So I accepted it and will trust that we are going to find something that’s that much better.

No comments: