peoples
I’ll never forget the comment Jeremy made to me one time as I chatted with him on my thoughts of what I would do after graduation. I mentioned my desires to go somewhere and take on a new adventure, but also not sure if I’d want to leave Des Moines because I knew so many people there and it was comfortable... he replied in a short answer, much like Jeremy would, saying simply that you’ll meet people anywhere you go.
well, he’s right. I’ve moved to LA and I’ve met some people, some really great people in fact.
For one, my neighbors are wonderful. How many nights this week I’ve come home and we’d all be out chatting on the stoop. Elle has been giving me rides home from work, I was there to help Randy move his new couch into his place. Todd gave me a shot of rum to help put me out after a long day. We laugh as we describe it as wanting to be all up in each others business, but really, I know we all just enjoy the company.
I enjoy so many of the people I work with. Numerous conversations are shared and laughter is had through out the day.
Obviously Laura was already here, but through her I met all her roommates, or the girls as I often refer to them. Along with their neighbors. And how could I forget to mention Dan.
Relationships have always met a lot to me. The hardest part about making the big move was knowing there were a lot of people that I’d miss. And while I try to do my best to keep in touch, sending cards, writing e-mails, or a phone call now and then... it gets tough.
I’ve realized though, and will admit it was tough to come to this conclusion, but no matter what happens, no matter how good things can be at the time being or how much one enjoys the people around them, everyone ultimately needs to do what’s best for themselves, live their life, where ever it takes them. Co-workers will come and go with new job titles and experiences. Neighbors will move-in and out.
But yet, most importantly though, I've come to realize that while we all are living our own lives, if the relationship is strong enough, it will last. It will always be there, no matter where we live or the different paths we end up taking. The best ones will actually end up growing, and when we least expect it, old ones can flourish again. And sometimes, maybe the relationship is just suppose to be for that specific time in our life, never to be again, there as a memory for us to recall and learn from.
so while I am living my own life, I do know that peoples are what truely matter... and I like to live in the moment of now, building into, learning from, connecting with and spending time with the people I know and will continue to meet through my journey of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment