5.24.2007

laundry date

Elle and I made a date to head to laundty mat together. I knew that I was going to have multiple loads that could conveniently get done at the same time. First of all, I was impressed to learn that it was Elle’s first time do laundry since she moved out here the same week I did six months ago. Apparently she handwashes her panties and has enough clothes to make it that long. I will admit, I’ve never really seen her wear the same thing yet. Second, I’ll leave it to Elle to actual get a date while we were waiting for our laundry to dry. At first she thought she’d just steal the boys’ clothes and leave a note with her number, but it was just as convincing to tell him that that was her plan.

I will say, if you’ve never been to a laundry mat, it’s worth going sometime just for the experience of it all. I enjoy the variety of conversations that I can have with those who are there switching out their loads and folding clothes. Todd admitted that going to the laundry mat is something he actually schedules into his planner ever two weeks because he really enjoys the social event of it.

No comments: