5.06.2007

strong, independent, woman

I keep repeating these three words to myself. When I decided to move to LA, I know a big thing that was pushing me to go were these exact three words... I wanted to show myself that I could do it, and moving half way across the country would put me in a position that I'd be able to live them. These past weeks have shown that to me.

I have to admit, when I realized that my car was actually wrecked, I wanted to cry. Typically, this is something that my dad would have been there for me, to help take care of, and actually fix the problem because he's that type of handy man. Well, this time, I could only call and while I still could listen to what he had to say, I knew this is something I had to do myself.

I will also confess and say that I became a bit jealous of all my married friends who have husbands to help them deal with such things, creating budgets and making decisions on what should be done.

But then I remembered those three words, and as I repeated them to myself, I realized that these decisions I'd have to make are what's going to help me grow into a strong, independent, woman.

No comments: