5.04.2007

when it rains, it pours

I've come to realize that life doesn't ever really slow down, or at least I've come to realize that mine probably won't, which partly is because I choose to create adventures for myself, but also because we can't always predict things that are going to come our way. A few months ago I had to probably make one of the bigger decisions of my life, taking a new job with Bon Appetit. But it didn't just involve a new job, it was a new city, a new apartment, a new way of living and as I had to figure out all of those things, I also found myself in a relationship, which inevitably had my emotions going through a roller coaster ride through it all.

It's been almost half a year now and must say I've adjusted well. This week it seemed like things came pouring down again, as Laura and I are on an apartment hunt, trying to determine what's best for us, in which neighborhood and at what price. Then I ended up in a car accident, totaling my car. So now I also need to figure out what I want to buy... because unfortunately, you really can't live in LA without a car. So with in the next week or so I need to figure out financially what's actually manageable between a car and an apartment, two really big decisions.

On top of all that. I've got a new boss at work. Which is good. The plan is going to completely revamp and redesign the magazine, which is all very exciting for me. I plan to be on my toes, ready to give input, as I realize I'm in a really good spot for my career. Just two years out of college and I get to be on staff of another large magazine publication that's going through a redesign.

So all in all... life doesn't slow down. And I might stress and fret from time to time, but it's all good. Life is really great and I love the adventure! So I'm ready, ready to be here, live in the moment of now. Find a new place, buy a car and advance myself in my career, but more importantly enjoy it all! Meet new people, help out dear friends, grow and learn and discover all over again the person I am.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Way to go Becca! That sounds awesome.