kitchen gadgets
I remember my mom often making comments about a lot of the things in her kitchen being wedding gifts and she could always recall who she got them from. A year ago, when I was going to numerous weddings and buying fun kithen gadgets for my friends, I have to admit, I was a bit jealous because I didn't have a whole lot of my own and knew that I wasn't going to be given stuff as gifts anytime soon either.
Well, I've happend to accumulate quite a collection for myself and have to say it gives me much joy to use the various things and think of where I got it from or who gave it to me. Listed below are just a few of my favorites (in no special order).
the blender and microwave the Janelle gave me
all the hand knitted dish clothes, embroidered tea towels and pot holders that my grandma makes as Christmas gifts
the fun little colored cutting boards from Andrea
the double stove burner griddle from Richard which he gave to me after I asked to borrow it for a pancake day party
the cutting knife I splurged on at Kitchen Collage
the mixer from my mom which she gave to me when she got a new one which makes me so happy to use the same mixer that I grew up making cookies with
the red kettle that my brothers gave to me as my graduation gift because I always talked about how much I loved the one Lynette had in Apt. E... I especially was thrilled about it then because it was my first time hearing a kettle whistle :)
the garlic press I bought for $1 from Charlie at his garage sale
the bunt pan and 9x13 pan which I purchased myself at the grocery store my junior year of college because I couldn't go home for Easter that year and neither could a lot of my residents, so of course I baked a wonderful brunch of my mom's classic eggbake and coffee cake to share with the girls on my floor.
the cheese grater I bought because I had to do a graphic design project using the word shredded
the various utensils I got from BHG... measuring cups, teaspoons, spatulas
the wine glasses I got from Pete's wedding
the correl dishes and plates from home, the ones I grew up with and still love today
the fruit basket I found while antiquing up at Ottertail Lake with my mom and sister
the cake carrier Bo gave me for my birthday, in which her dad had to run out and purchase so it would be a surprise.
the peeler, pizza cutter and pie plate I got from Janelle and Pete for helping them design the labels for his leather bags
...
No comments:
Post a Comment