We are many parts...
Last night Laura wasn't feel well. She had the flu, so I picked up some soup and goldfishes to take to her and give her company as she lay in bed. She couldn't help put comment on how much I spoil her. Which is something I love to do. It reminded me of when Bo would get sick in the dorm and I'd run out late at night to get her 7up and saltines and let her rest on my couch because it's not fun to have to climb down from a loft.
I spent most of the day yesterday watching season one of Grey's Anatomy. ( which I have to say I'm loving it! ) The whole time though, I've just been amazed at how tough it would be to become a doctor, the pressure of someone's life in your hands. Makes me never want to complain again about a bad day of work.
As I've mentioned before, I've often struggled with my purpose in life, wondering why I couldn't be a doctor? or a teacher? or do something that directly helps the needs of others?
How suiting was it that the reading at church today just happened to be the letter from Paul to the Corinthians that addresses the fact that we all make up the many parts of the body of Christ. In other words, a collection of different gifts and a lot of different jobs. As it was well written in the church bulletin, Our part is not to fall down on our faces and weep because we haven't done more. Our part is to recognize and acknowledge what we have done, see what else we might do, and then walk out into today and do it.
No comments:
Post a Comment