1.15.2007

Title:         

welcome to my blog.

since my journey to LA and other new experiences and emotions that I've recently encountered, I've had an urge to start writing some of my thoughts down. I have often heard that there are many benefits to journaling and I've tried to do so before, but have often failed to keep up with it. I don't know if it's because I now have more time to myself to actually sit down and do so, but I have been writing more, not only in my journal, but also sending out more hand written notes and cards to those who are dear to me. I have found it all to be very enjoyable.

Some of my friends have started blogs and I'm not sure if they know this or not, but I have them bookmarked and click on them each week to see if they've posted anything new. I enjoy the fact that they put it out there for me to take a peak at what's on there mind or what else they've been up to. So I decided I'd do the same. My thoughts are out there for you to read at your leisure, of course I don't expect you to find it all that interesting, just another glimpse for you to see who I am....

As I created the blog space, there's always that first question as to what the title will be. I pondered it for a couple of days, Laura suggested using a nickname or such. My instant reaction was they are all pretty typical::: most commonly becca, or there's also bex (I'll forever thank Gina for this one—I fell in love with it pretty much because of the "x", yes I'm a typographical design nerd) For a moment I though the nickname Joe Boehm gave me could be fun::: the bex-miester, but then again, I didn't have any great ideas of how to make a cute title out of them. Then I remembered that Andy Lyons gave me the nickname Lucky. He just decided it one day on a photo shoot. I asked him why... but he didn't really say, he just thought it was a good name for me. This one I thought about for awhile and it dawned on me that it really is a good nickname, I truly am Lucky!

Over and over I look at where I am in my life and see how blessed I am to have the family and friends I do. They are so amazing and dear to me as they've made me who I am today. Even throughout my life journeys, I've had some of the best mentors to inspire me and have befriended various people in different moments that I still think about and appreciate what they have given me at that point in time. As I've come to understand that the opportunity to give back to those we encounter for a moment isn't always going to be there, but I know that a simple thought can become a prayer, and I was taught that that counts for a lot. As far as those who remain continuously dear, I've noticed through the years how amazing it to see the relationships grow as it's necessary to both give and receive... and like I've said, I feel I've been so lucky to receive so much that I don't think I could ever give enough back to them all.

As I continued to think about using Lucky as the title, it almost didn't seem right. It didn't really get to what this blog is to be about. I started to flip through some of my books... which is what I often do when I need some inspiration, and as one would expect, there were some great titles right in front of me. Spilling Open is a beautiful book by Sabrina Ward Harrison, she's a young artist and who expresses herself through her artwork... as the tagline of her book states "the art of becoming yourself." Another book I have is Living Out Loud by Keri Smith, which is full of "activities to fuel a creative life."

So that's were I stopped, I didn't want to ponder the subject much more and will probably just "borrow" the title for now.... If you do have any suggestions though, I'd love to hear them.

No comments: