1.06.2007

lost

I had my first tyring experience of being lost amongst the traffic of L.A. It was friday night and I has a package slip from UPS–it was my gift from Janelle and Jaimi–with nothing much else to do I decided I’d call and pick it up. The UPS station gave me directions, it was just east of downtown, get on the freeway, take the Broadway exit and turn on to N Main Street. All seemed fairly easy, so out I went. Well, the freeway was easy and so was the exit, but once the streets started to curve and merge into eachother coming to intersections with four other streets, I no longer could figure it out. While I usually pride myself in my sense of directions, I found out that sometimes one just needs to bite the bullet and get directions, which I did—once from the cop that pulled me over and then again at a gas station. Yes, while I was completely unsure as to where I was and which way to go next, I had the flashing blue and red lights behind me. Luckily I was able to make my plea of being from Iowa and clueless as to where I was, so he let me go, and quite frankly, I don’t even know why he pulled me over. But regardless, that’s when I knew I couldn’t figure it out myself and since the UPS store would have by this time been closed, I got directions and headed back to the familiar streets of Santa Monica and N Gardner.

No comments: