4.20.2007

Fast Company

I love this magazine. I recently enrolled with the magazine subscription service in which I get 5 magazine subscriptions for two years, but the best thing is, I can swap out different magazines whenever I want. The price is a pretty good deal too.... I use to just spend time at the newstands, but must say, this is a much better deal as it's always fun to recieve a magazine in my mailbox.

Well, one of the magazines I've been getting that I must say I actually enjoy is Fast Company. I've realized with a lot of magazine that I enjoy because they are what I'm intrerested in (( BluePrint, Country Home... )) they really are just something I flip through, looking for inspirations and ideas or as with food magazines (( Cooking Light, Gourmet... )) it's really for recipes or to find comps for work. It's not that often that I actually sit and read any of these magazines from front to back... yes, I am a designer and find much joy in the visuals.

Well, I've just recieved my second issue of Fast Company, and I sat and read through a lot of the articles. Very intersting. This month, the cover story was about Facebooks CEO, 22 year-old Mark Zuckerberg. He's been offered a billion dollars to sell out to Yahoo, but he has no intention too, he now has 200+ employees and their office space seriously looks like a college dorm. I love it. He's pictured in his jeans, zip hoodie and addias flip flops. How suiting, and he's only 22. I find it all amusing, because you think wow! he's got it made... but as he quoted in the article, he's got plans to do more.

It seems that I find myself constantly having to remind myself that I am only 24, I don't have to have things figured out. I'm not expected to, as there's a lot yet for me to learn. I've been fortunate enough to have worked with many great mentors already. So while I do know the importance of working hard and putting my ideas out there, it's also OK for me to sit back and take it all in.... because seriously, what's my rush?

No comments: