rejuvenated
there's nothing like the feeling of going back to something that's so familiar and comfortable. Just flying into Des Moines and seeing the rolling fields from the sky brought back some of those feelings.... and then to put all that energy into hugs from friends, it's such an excitement that I really can't explain. It was so good to see everyone, and I was so glad it worked so well for me to do so, even if it was just for a short time.
as I looked up the definition of rejuvenated, I found it was the perfect word to describe the trip.
re·ju·ve·nate [ri-joo-vuh-neyt] verb, -nat·ed, -nat·ing.
[1] make (someone or something) look or feel younger, fresher, more lively.
Seeing family and friends always makes me feel more lively, as I know that those moments are what life is all about. The joy I saw in my dad's face, the way my mom was just glowing, seeing Jacob bouncing off the walls with excitment, it's a sight I can't even come close to describing, but one that was so full of life.
I was able to spend a lot of quality time with my sister as she rode home with my from Des Moines and then I took her all the way back to Cedar Rapids. I must say it's because of her that I feel completely rejuvenated in the younger sense of the word. She's a freshman in college and had many stories to tell of her new adventures and thoughts on what life could bring, plans for picking a major and the endless possibilitess of what she could do. It was so neat to take a trip down memory lane as she showed me her dorm and gave me a tour of her campus... yes, I even had lunch with her at the cafeteria hall which happened to be Sodexo... it was just as good as I remebmered. As I was reminded of these moments and feelings, that familiarity of a life I use to live, as I returned to LA, I have to say, I have a whole new feeling of excitement.
Of course when I was in Des Moines, spending time with friends, hanging out at all the spots we spent numerous hours together before, I recalled all that I missed so much. But as I've returned to LA, I am completely excited to look forward at this amazing life before me, I am still so young, with countless possiblities of what I can do. When I was in college, I remember never knowing what it was I was going to end up doing, I just knew that if concentrated on the tasks in front of me, finding the joy in what I was doing and just lived life to it's fullest, it would all come together. things would work out. and I realize now, that's all that I ever need to do. even now, there's no need for me to have to know. I don't necessarily have to have things figured out. I realize that I'm actually far from that and as I go back to those feelings of excitement (( and I can't forget to say craziness )) of not knowing, I'm excited to realize again the endless possiblities of what I can all do.
Oh, and I also wanted to say, it actually felt really good to experience the chill again. I have to admit that I was a bit worried, but the cold wind (( and yes, I'm excited to say I saw a few flurries )) was really refreshing. Of course I can say this because I knew it was only going to be for the weekend.... yes, I'm pretty spoiled with the California sunshine and when I was able to leave my place this morning wearing a skirt with sandles and then sit in the grass under the warm sun with Laura for lunch, I'm gald to be where I'm at. As being home was also just another telling example of how amazing my family and friends are... that despite the distance, the love we share is just as strong.... and still growing.
No comments:
Post a Comment