4.23.2007

songs for me

It’s always great to listen to music that really hits home just when you need it. Bo recently introduced me to Kasey Chambers. I loved her stuff and just the other day I looked her up and bought another one of her CDs on iTunes. I’ve spent most of the weekend just listening to her. I think she might be classified as country, but I’d say she’s a bit more bluegrass/folk.

If the sound of her sweet voice wasn’t enough to pull me in, the lyrics of the songs were just what I needed to hear. Saturated, from her Wayward Angel album was the first song I listened to, and while it may not be my favorite from her collection, I did play that song on repeat for awhile.


As I was on iTunes, I also decided to buy the sound track from Stranger than Fiction.

I love the song that Will Ferrell plays on his guitar for Maggie Gyllenhaal. It’s called Whole Wide World by Wreckless Eric. I just find it to be very cute and as I listen to the words, I just can’t help but hope that there’s someone out there who is searching to find me... of course I don’t think anyone is actually going the whole wide world to find me... but maybe just taking time to search for what it is he wants to realize that maybe I could be the one.

as he sings when I was a young boy, my momma said to me.... there’s only one girl in the world for you and she probably lives in Tibet... and I go the whole wide world to find her...
maybe she’s lying on a tropical beach somewhere.... under the tropical sun.....hoping I won’t be so long...
I go the whole wide world to find her.... I go the whole wide world to find out where they hide her


I wouldn't say that I'm necessarily hiding, but let me say that I'm not actually going to put myself completely out there to be found though either.


Oh, and just incase you wanted to know, the song that plays during the credits isn’t included on the sound track, but I did find it. It’s called Love You by Free Design.... it’s wonderful choir of repeated childhood memories.


And while I’m talking about songs, I just have to say, I love Martina McBrides new song I do it Anyways as I find that it really just captures my motto for life.

You can spend your whole life building something from nothing
One storm can come and blow it all away
...Build it anyway

You can chase a dream that seems so out of reach
and you know it might not ever come your way
...Dream it anyway

God is great, but sometimes life ain’t good
And when I pray it doesn’t always turn out like I think it should
...But I do it anyway, I do it anyway

This world’s gone crazy and it’s hard to believe that tomorrow will be better than today
...Believe it anyway

You can love someone with all your heart, for all the right reasons,
and in a moment they can choose to walk away
...Love ‘em anyway

You can pour your soul out singing a song you believe in
that tomorrow they’ll forget you ever sang
...Sing it anyway, sing it anyway

No comments: