4.22.2007

taking notes

Another great article that I read in Fast Company was one that talked about what it means for a brand to be authentic... and is there really anything that we consume today that is actually authentic. It was an intersting concept, or shall I say article about it.

The previous issue also had a column about brands in general being afraid to exclude someone, so they inevitably market themselfs to be generically likable, which in the end doesn't really allow them to distinquish themselves as being unique.

I also found out that there are site like Prosper.com that allow peer-to-peer lending. So if in the case I would ever need to take out a loan, even if I can't get it approved by a bank, it's still possible.

As I mentioned in my previous post, I'm in no rush to start something or brand myself by any means... but I am taking note as I'll never really know what life will bring my way. Just as Mark Zuckerberg just happened to start Facebook as a site to connect his fellow college peers, never really expeccted to make it big. So just maybe one of these days I will actually be able to do something with one of my crazy ideas.... and shall I say too, that I have no desire to make something of myself. None the least, if I do create something, whatever it is, I'll want it to be authentic...

No comments: