4.22.2007

green thumb

One of my house plants just died. It's been dying and I've continued to water it, and I know it probably killed over because it got to big for it's pot and I neglected to re-pot it in something bigger. I very much enjoy plants, and enjoy carry for the ones I have, but it's just one of those things that I'm not that great at keeping up with.

Todd on the other hand, he has a green thumb and it makes me so happy. The walkway by his studio is full of potted plants, a variety of trees/bushes/flowers. They line the walkway from my place to the front gates, so it's really great to see the beautiful greens and flower blooms each day I open my door. He's so good about keeping them up and will be bragging about a new plant whenever he picks one up. He's makes it sound so easy, and suggests we should all do the same. It was so cute to see Randy (another neighbor) come home just the other day with his own potted plant to set outside his door. It was a succulent plant as he laughed saying he figured it was one he'd probably be able to keep alive. I'll agree with him. For now, I'll just enjoy the green thumb that Todd has, as I have other things to take care of before I start collecting a garden of my own.

No comments: