all in good health
I have to say, I really have come to enjoy this whole idea of blogging... really a modern approach of journaling. You all may be surprised to know, I've tried many a times to keep a journal but often failed terribly, lasting just a few days or two before completely giving up on the whole idea. Well, for some reason, this works for me. I enjoy putting all these silly thoughts and ideas of mine out there.
Actually, this morning I got up early and while I use to would have decided to go out for a run, I knew I wanted instead head to the inernet cafe so I could post the blog I wrote last night and input a few new entries as well. Odd...I know. I must say though, I often read in magazines and such that keeping a journal is really good for ones health (hense the reason I have tried before), so I guess I really don't feel all that quilty for not going for a run instead... which I know I always enjoyed my runs in the morning for the simple fact that it was my quiet time to spend with all the thoughts that were, at the same time, running through my head. (I really must say, one of the most amazing runs I've gone on... besides the marathon, of course.... was the morning of training in which I did 20 miles, I was able to release so much stress from a rough week of work and it felt so good to run it all off, it really help my adrenaline as I finsihed 20 miles in 3hrs15min. crazy...I know. And now I'm sitting hear pondering why I'm sitting here typing away instead running of that lime pistacio tart I ate? oh well, like I said, either way it's all in good health, right?!? As I've come to believe emotial well being is just as important as the physical.
Either way, one point I did want to make in this post was this whole concept of blogging and the joy I get from it. During my conversations with Christian, I mentioned that I had a blog and he found it interesting, questioning if it bothered me that my posts were out there for anyone to read. I know that I only sent the link to a few of my closest friends and never really thought that anyone else who would find enough interest to read my blog. I like the idea of my dear friends still being able to catch up with what I'm doing and thinking without actually sharing a conversation about it.
As I decided I would send the link to Christian as he was curious to read it, I've decided that I actually want to send the link out to a handful of other friends of mine in whom I've decided might also appreciate it. As I continue to think about it all a bit further, as I've said before, I love books... particularly the ones that that are fun and inspirational to flip through. many of you have had the opportunity to read the book "Sack Lunch" that my friend Karri and I put together for our senior year project. I love what that book became because that's what it was all about. It was a flip book of inspiration. So in a certain sense, I guess I kind of look to this blog as a way in which, just maybe I can inspire and encourage those who read it. and maybe, just maybe, if time ever allows, and who knows what life can bring, I'll have all these records for myself in which I could collect and edit and possibly create and design some more fun books like I have always dreamed about doing. So we'll see.
I must say though, it doesn't bother me to put these ideas and thoughts of mine out there... as I scroll through the list I must admit, I shockingly tend to be a bit wordy and babel on and I honestly would be surprised to know that many people would actually take the time to read through an entire post of mine. Unless, I actually am a better writer than I've ever given myself credit for. Which I will mention, one of the beauties of blog writing is the fact that I don't have to be grammatically correct. as you may have noticed... i love the dot, dot, dot.... I will admit though that I heavily rely on the widgets dictionary. how convenient it is to push F12 and have a dictionary at your finger tips. I never was that good at spelling, and now that I think about it, that could be a whole post in and of itself... so maybe some day, I'll even create a draft for it to remind myself. But for now, I think I've said enough.
2 comments:
Oh Becca, I miss you. I got your card the other day. That is the sweetest thing anyone has done for me in a long time. I hope everything is going well for you out in the big city!
1. thank you for sending me the link! I love it.
2. widgets are brilliant.
3. You're inspiring me to start running again.
Post a Comment