the stoop

there’s nothing like spending an evening outside just as the sun sets and the stars come out. Of course, the most ideal place to do so is a front porch, I love the evenings back in Des Moines when on my way home from work Charlie would invite me to sit on his porch, it was always a great way to unwind, relax and share converstaion. My place out here doesn’t have a porch, be I do have a stoop and while it’s not a cute colleciton of eclectic chairs, the steps work just as well. Tonight it was nice as I sat on the stoop and chatted with three of my neighbors, One thing that I enjoy that I was worried about when I moved out to LA, was being able to see the stars at night and I am happy to report that I can. Mind you though, while we were sitting there, the ghetto bird (AKA the LA police helicopter) circled our neighborhood about five tims with it’s lights flashing down in the search for something. While the nights of sitting outside can happen all year round here in LA... it’s those “only in LA” moments that I know I won’t be out here forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment