3.21.2007

I love birthdays!



I just sent in the mail the fourth birthday package I’ve put together this month. This one was for my sister, with the others being for Andrea, Jaimi and my mom. There’s something about the whole idea of gift giving that I particularily enjoy and birthdays are the perfect reason for me to give someone I care about a gift of gratitude. From finding the perfect gift to wrapping it all up into a beautiful package, it’s always worth it. I know it's almost silly to put so much time and thought into the wrapping as it's just going to get torn apart, but I find it enjoyable. Especially after a hard day at the office, sitting on the floor with paper, scissors, and ribbon, making something special for my sister, was the best thing for me.

(( Birthdays are also great because it means birthday cake! Pictured above was one of my favorites that I've made, it was a white chocolate cake for Andrea's birthday last year, how sad I couldn't do the same for her this year.... I do have Dre's birthday coming up next week, as you may image... I already have plans for what kind of cake I'm excited to bake! ))

1 comment:

Joy said...

Birthday cakes are by far the best part about birthdays. It's probably one of my favorite foods. I can't wait to see what you come up with for Dre's bday!