3.20.2007

count down to spring

During my phone converstaion with my Dad, he just so happened to share that my little brother Jacob had a count down to the first day of spring. Apparently, the first day of spring officially starts at 7:07pm on March 20th and my brother made this aware to everyone at home. I must say, for the first time, it actually hasn't even felt like spring in LA. This whole week has been overcast with occasional showers. I will say though, as I thought about it, spring really is a sign of new beginnings and that morning, over some starbucks coffee, Laura and I were able to chat and discuss all the new beginnings that are going to come her way. Of course, it is spring, and that means it's the season to plant those seeds and as I pointed out in my "fig tree" post, it's important to remember to be patient as some things will take time to take root, but with enough fertilizer and cultivation, things will grow. It was just so inspiring to talk with Laura about ideas and dreams and what the future may hold. All I can say is life is such a beautiful thing, and it's amazing to think about what it will bring, just as the seasons, it constantly changes... but that's the beauty of it all.

No comments: