3.26.2007

I couldn't help myself.

yes, I found myself baking again the other night. I was flipping through cookbooks in search of the perfect cake to make for Dre's birthday and I just couldn't resist the urge to bake something just then. It was a lemon crumb cake that sounded so good and prefect enough in the fact that I had some lemons and sour cream in the fridge that I needed to use up... really, not having a TV is a very good thing, it gives me no reason to not be baking in the kitchen.

So as I enjoyed a piece of this wonderful coffee cake this morning, I couldn't help but think about the moment when... maybe someday... I'll have a house full of kids whom I'll be able to spoil with such delights... if I can help it, there will be no need for pop tarts and egos, as we'll share muffins and home-made granola and of course, pancakes or omelets to be made together while watching saturday morning cartoons. yeah, yeah, you all know me.... I like to dream.

No comments: