3.26.2007

hard to believe

my little sister just turned 19. when I heard my mom first say it, it just didn't sound right... she can't be that old already? of course though, when I chatted with her myself, I knew it was true and it makes me very excited to see her grow up.

there's five years between the two of us, which I have to say, growing up, especially considering we shared a room, did cause it's problems. we still had our moments though, nights of staying up late, giggling in our beds. for awhile it did seem as though it was difficult to connect because of the different stages we were in. But I must say, the one thing I do enjoy about growing up, is the years between seem to diminish as we get older. Rachel's a freshman in college now and it feels so good to hear her stories and I can give her advice and share my experiences and it all seems to make more sense now with each new conversation we share.

Today we talked a lot about life and what it brings our way as she's trying to figure out what she should declare as her major and I shared with her the frustrations of the working world that I just experienced last week. The phone call ended in much laughter as we talked about those things we did together as a kid and how great it would be if one day we'd be together again, doing those things, expect this time it wouldn't technically be just for play..... so we'll see.

No comments: