a green meal.
This past weekend was st. patty's day and of course, you all should know I love holidays and any reason to celebrate the simplest of things. Well, as you may have read below, I made a lime-pistactio tart for dessert on friday, which lasted through saturday evening as it was pretty much finished off after we set it on the coffee table and with six spoons, my friends and I just dug in.... it was that good! No need to cut slices and allowing any of to feel quilty for eating a bit more than anyone else. brillant. I love communal dish sharing. The girls made comments on feeling quilty to be ruining such a beautiful dessert that they knew I put a lot of time into, but I don't think they realize that sharing that moment with them and seeing them smile with such delight was the exact reason I do such things.
I also prepared our dinner meal for saturday evning. It was chili-mint burgers with a cucumber yogurt sauce served in pita bread. It may not be a meal of the Irish, but I thought it was quite suiting because of all the green ingredients. Brain and Gerald helped themselves to seconds... which I feel is a wonderful compliment.
No comments:
Post a Comment