3.24.2007

saturday, in the park

a relaxing weekend. it seems as though this weekend has been one for me to just be. As I recall some of the past weekends, I often take the time to go out and find an adventure and make it a little vacation sort to say. Not today though, I spent the morning tidying up my place and sorting through paperwork and during the afternoon I took my blanket and journal and heading to the park that’s just behind my place. It was quite pleasant, and such a joyous sight. Everytime I go to this park, it’s full of life. From the old Russian men playing chess at the picnic tables, to couples throwing around a frisbee, children running around with a game of tag, fathers playing catch with their sons, mothers pushing the stroller around, pick up games on the basketball courts and of course dogs too. It always reminds me of a scene you’d see in a movie and questions whether it’s really like that.... well, it’s real. I just sat there on my blanket for the longest time and enjoy it. It was a beautiful picture of the various stages of life and to see them all together in this park made me happy. Really, that’s what going to the park is all about, taking the time to share in the happiness that life brings.

No comments: